[Snort-users] Snort 2.8.6 not loading sensitive data rules

Ryan Jordan ryan.jordan at ...1935...
Fri May 7 16:17:53 EDT 2010

D'oh. This was a bug we had during development, looks like the bugfix
didn't make it into the Snort tarball that we put on the website. I'll
make sure this gets fixed in the next release.

The rules sensitive-data.rules SHOULD say "alert tcp $HOME_NET ...",
but instead they say "alert $HOME_NET ...". In the meantime, you can
edit these rules to add in the word "tcp", there's only 5 rules so
it's a quick fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Ryan