[Snort-users] How can i stop alerts that come from my own ip range?

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at ...14358...
Thu May 6 10:48:02 EDT 2010

If you make EXTERNAL_NET any, it would include your own HOME_NET.  Depending
upon routing or the way a sig is written, you could then get alerts from
HOME_NET to HOME_NET.

I thought the standard convention was

var HOME_NET [your address space]
var EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET

--On Wednesday, May 05, 2010 11:40:10 -0400 Joel Esler <jesler at ...1935...>