[Snort-users] sfPortscan in the snort.conf

Pat McNamara pmcnamara at ...14830...
Wed May 5 15:25:45 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am still working on my snort configuration so i am trying to add an
ignore_scanners to my port scan detection. i have the standard in my
snort.conf

preprocessor sfportscan: proto  { all } memcap { 10000000 }
sense_level { low }

when i try and add ignore_scanners {69.35.74.64/26}  and then try and
restart snort I get this error below. i have hunted on the web for
the answer but have not found it. i am using snort 2.8.5.3

ERROR: /etc/snort/snort.conf(234) => No argument to 'ignore_scanners'
config option.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Thanks
Pat McNamara