[Snort-users] How can i stop alerts that come from my own ip range?

Stephen Mullins steve.mullins.work at ...11827...
Wed May 5 11:36:03 EDT 2010

You could just create 3 pass rules (tcp, udp, icmp) based on your
$HOME_NET variable.

Wouldn't recommend it, though, since traffic from your home net may be
indicative of trojan call backs and so forth.

You want to pass all traffic with a source IP within your $HOME_NET
variable with a destination that you didn't state.  I suppose you want
to pass all home_net to home_net traffic?  Passing all home_net to
!home_net traffic would be a "pretty bad idea."

Steve Mullins