[Snort-users] Distro of choice

Sandro guly Zaccarini guly at ...14592...
Wed May 5 08:34:19 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 07:58:17AM -0400, IT Security wrote:
> Bryan Irvine wrote:
> > YMMV but I ran it on OpenBSD for many years with a postgres backend.
>
> Same here (except we used MySQL as the backend). Works great from ports
> or compiled from source. There are limitations when using Snort on
> OpenBSD (especially when compared to Linux and IPS mode, etc.), but if
> you only want a plain IDS, then it's a fabulously stable platform.

actually an openbsd developer, snort openbsd port's maintainer and me are
working on snort as IPS, through divert socket, on openbsd.

even if we miss so_rules *cough* *cough*

sz
--
  /"\   taste your favourite IT consultant
  \ /   gpg public key http://www.guly.org/guly.asc