[Snort-users] Distro of choice

BrainStomp Snort snort at ...14862...
Mon May 3 23:27:54 EDT 2010

So before I start - yes I know that I'll probably get 10 different answers;
yet I have to ask just the same.

What is the current distro of choice for deployment of snort?

My sensors are getting long on the tooth (5 years old) running on Pentium D
processors and 1 gig of RAM and it is time to upgrade. So I have a nice new
set coming but I haven't settled on what distro to use for the deployment of
the sensors.

I'll need to run the basic stuff (snort, apache, php, base, mysql)

right now I'm using Slackware but I'm comfortable with any linux distro. I'm
just trying to find out what would be best for snort.

Thanks