[Snort-users] snort.conf "detection engine"

Wed Mar 31 09:01:14 EDT 2010

"memory usage for ac (fastest and the biggest memory hog) could be
hundreds of megs or even over a gig for big (gigabit-ish) links..."

You don't need a lot of traffic with ac to use a lot of memory. On one
segment I'm using ac on we see between 10-20Mb/s and my snort process
is using ~2300MB of memory.

Thx,
Wally