[Snort-users] problems with using barnyard 2-1.2

firnsy firnsy at ...14568...
Tue Mar 30 08:09:14 EDT 2010

Well the configuration file changed a little between 2-1.6 and 2-1.7 to
align to a more Snort-like syntax. So ensure you always read the
supplied configuration in etc/ to get the latest descriptions.

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 22:21 -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> --On March 30, 2010 12:59:13 PM +1300 Russell Fulton
> <r.fulton at ...3809...> wrote:
>
> > I've finally got around to tweaking the schema in the snort database and
> > am now moving to using barnyard 2-1.2  but I am getting these errors in
> > the syslog:
> >
> > barnyard: WARNING: No function defined to read header.
> >
> > and no checkpoint file created ?
> >
> > Looks like it does not know what data basetype to use.
> >
> > configured with --with-mysql and mysql given in conf file...
>
> Russell, what OS?

Sounds like a non-unified2 file being read or you have a very recent
unified2 that I haven't come across yet.

Feel free to contact me off-line to work this issue, but please start
with the most recent version as previously suggested.

Regards,

--
firnsy
www.securixlive.com