[Snort-users] Can snort run on bare-metal vm or a virtual machine ?

Ray Caparros arcy24 at ...11827...
Tue Mar 30 07:39:13 EDT 2010

KW,

 There are number of projects that you could run on vmware, it would
really depends on how much traffic your vm box would be processing.
Check out http://www.snort.org/downloads/additional-downloads/ ,
several packages that you could get started like OSSIM and EasyIDS.

-Ray