[Snort-users] Help interpreting snort statistics

Galley, Daniel dgalley at ...14803...
Wed Mar 24 19:36:58 EDT 2010

Attached is a log of our snort stats at the end of a 24-hour period.
Anyone willing to take a look and point out any glaring problems?  Also,
does anyone have a link to a guide to help me understand what all of
this means?

We are running snort 2.8.5.3 on FreeBSD 8.0 (64-bit).  The box is a Dell
Optiplex with a Core 2 Duo E8600 (3.33 GHz) with 4 GB of memory.  The
sniffing interface is the built-on Intel Pro/1000.  The sensor is
sitting outside of our firewall and our outgoing traffic peaks at about
20 Mbps.

Thanks a lot!

Daniel S. Galley

Desktop Support Analyst