[Snort-users] Tap and Hub

Nick Moore nmoore at ...1935...
Wed Mar 24 15:17:56 EDT 2010

David,

That's why larger switches have the SPAN feature. In essence, it repeats the
traffic of some or all the other switch ports out a designated port for
sniffers or IDS sensors. Here's more info:

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/nethub/article.php/3766701

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml

Nick

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM, D. Hofstee <hofstee at ...11827...> wrote:

> [...]

Nick Moore, SFCE, CISSP, CISA
Sr. Systems Engineer
Voice 708-336-9041
Email nick.moore at ...1935...
IM    nickgmoore (Yahoo)
      nickgmoore38 (AIM)

   ,,_
  o"  )~   Sourcefire - The Creators of Snort
   ''''

www.sourcefire.com         www.snort.org