[Snort-users] How to disable /var/log/snort/alert?

Nick Moore nmoore at ...1935...
Tue Mar 23 17:09:58 EDT 2010

Fabio,

If you use the unified output and then use Barnyard2 to process it,
commenting out all other outputs, I think you'll have better performance.

Nick

2010/3/23 Fábio Ferrão <ferrao04 at ...11827...>

> Dears,
>
> How do I disable the alerts in /var/log/snort/alert?
> My server is slow when snort_inline is initiated.
> I intend to disable /var/log/snort/alert for to stop the writing in hard
> disk and to verify if my server will be faster.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Fábio Ferrão
>
> "E conhecereis a verdade e a verdade vos libertará".    João 8.32
> "And you will know the truth and the truth you will free".    John 8.32

Nick Moore, SFCE, CISSP, CISA
Sr. Systems Engineer
Voice 708-336-9041
Email nick.moore at ...1935...
IM    nickgmoore (Yahoo)
      nickgmoore38 (AIM)

   ,,_
  o"  )~   Sourcefire - The Creators of Snort
   ''''

www.sourcefire.com         www.snort.org