[Snort-users] host attribute table - feature request

Crook, Parker Parker_Crook at ...14786...
Mon Mar 22 13:35:11 EDT 2010

After speaking with Andy about getting hogger to create the host attribute table, he asked how he would know if Snort successfully slurped up the attribute file.  I did some checking on my installation and went through the logs and noticed there is not any sort of indication of whether or not Snort is using a host attribute table.

Would it be possible to add this feature so that we can receive confirmation that we are or are not using the host attribute feature? (similar to the message on PCAP frames)

Thank you,

Parker Crook