[Snort-users] Hogger 0.1.3 released

Crook, Parker Parker_Crook at ...14786...
Mon Mar 22 10:52:27 EDT 2010

Andy,

This bug was the reason for the changes made in 0.1.3, where the XML output was in the incorrect format.  I just downloaded the current tarball and ran on my nmap files and diffed them with my working attribute table that Snort is currently using on and came up with no differences.  Is it possible for you to send me the first 5 lines (obfuscated of course)?

Thanks,

Parker

  _____

From: Andy Berryman [mailto:aberryman at ...14765...]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 10:31 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Hogger 0.1.3 released

I'm trying to use hogger and I've got the host_attrib_table.xml file created. But when I add the line to my snort.conf I get an error.

Line I'm adding: attribute_table filename /etc/snort/host_attrib_table.xml

Error I get: "Invalid Attribute Table specification: '/etc/snort/host_attrib_table.xml' Please verify the grammar at or near line2 (tag '<')."

  "failed to load attribute table from /etc/snort/host_attrib_table.xml"

Any tips? I compiled snort this morning and I had the --enable-targetbased in the ./configure line

I'm running snort 2.8.5.3 and the conf file that comes with the download.

Thanks,

Andy Berryman

  _____

This message from Cymtec Systems, Inc. contains confidential information and is solely for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please destroy it immediately and notify Cymtec Systems, Inc. by telephone at +1.314.993.8700 or by return e-mail.

  _____