[Snort-users] snort on OSSIM

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at ...11827...
Wed Mar 17 09:38:27 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Crook, Parker <Parker_Crook at ...14786...> wrote:
> Kaushal,
>
> I honestly don't think you can configure Snort via the OSSIM web interface -- since there are only a number of settings that are passed from the OSSIM configs to the snort.debian.conf file it would stand to reason that OSSIM itself is not reading the snort.conf file to pass it up to the webpage (since OSSIM never touches the file, but instead evokes the settings in the snort.debian.conf as command-line options).
>
> Pretty much the only thing you can configure in the web interface for Snort is the priority and reliability of the rules.
>
> -Parker

Hi Parker,

Thanks for the quick reply.

where do i configure in the web interface for Snort the priority and
reliability of the rules ? I checked under Configuration > Collection.

Could not locate it. I am using OSSIM 2.2

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushal