[Snort-users] Quick question about so_rules. I tried searching first......

Matt Olney molney at ...1935...
Tue Mar 16 18:56:13 EDT 2010

Rule stub -> alert ip any any -> any any (msg:"BAD-TRAFFIC Windows
remote kernel tcp/ip igmp vulnerability exploit attempt"; sid:13287;
gid:3; rev:3; classtype:attempted-admin; reference:cve,2007-0069;
reference:url,www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS08-001.mspx;
metadata: engine shared, soid 3|13287;)

Don't cat this, its your compiled detection -->
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/bad-traffic.so

Make sure you have that location in  your snort.conf -->
dynamicdetection directory /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules
(Make sure you know if there is an s or not in snort_dynamicrules your
example didn't have one)

Let us know how it goes.

Matt