[Snort-users] Hogger 0.1.3 released

Crook, Parker Parker_Crook at ...14786...
Wed Mar 10 15:37:11 EST 2010

Howdy fellow Snort heads,

I'm pretty sure most of you have already heard about Hogger via Alex Tatistcheff's post to this list or JJ Cumming's blog post over at http://global-security.blogspot.com/2010/02/hogging-snort-host-attribute-table.html (an excellent guide by the way), but I wanted to go ahead and make an official announcement that Hogger is ready for prime-time use.

The bugs are out, and Hogger is creating attribute tables that are readable by Snort.  I still have some pretty cool features in the works, but for those of you who want to take advantage of the host attribute table in Snort and don't want to write it by hand, check it out over at http://code.google.com/p/hogger.

Thanks,

Parker Crook