[Snort-users] Automatic Snort Ruleset Updates through Scripting

Randal T. Rioux randy at ...13561...
Mon Jun 28 16:21:11 EDT 2010

On 06/28/2010 07:24 AM, Nigel Houghton wrote:
> On Monday, June 28, 2010, Randal T. Rioux<randy at ...13561...>  wrote:
>> 0. Top posting releases demons into email threads. But my diatribe gets old.
>
> Posting in the middle makes the baby Jesus cry

He's crying anyway.

>> 1. Who handles the Oinkcodes? BTW, I've never used Oinkmaster, which
>> leads me to this question: What the hell is an Oinkcode?
>
> You do, from your account on snort.org. You click something, and you
> get one. It's a token that belongs to you, identifies you so you can
> download stuff.

So, snort.org handles the Oinkcodes. What stuff does it allow me to
download that can't just be downloaded via old fashioned clicking or
pulling?

>> 2.<blank stare, looks to left, switch to right>
>
> The chicken is down.

Damn chicken.

Randy