[Snort-users] Automatic Snort Ruleset Updates through Scripting

David Gullett dgullett at ...13519...
Sun Jun 27 19:28:19 EDT 2010

For beginners to the world of Snort, we've published a new guide today
that builds on our previous Snort setup documents.  It describes a
method to automatically update the Snort 2.8.6 rulesets using Oinkmaster
and to also update the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS operating system using Aptitude
- both through a bash script.

And hey, you don't have to register to download.  The information is
available at this URL which provides a direct link to the article I've
just described and the direct link to the most recent Snort setup guide:
http://www.symmetrixtech.com/articles/007-updatingsnortandubuntu.html

Feel free to comment on our poor bash scripting skills...

Regards,

David Gullett | Symmetrix Technologies
dgullett at ...13519...
106 N. Denton Tap Road, Suite 210-262 | Coppell, TX  75019
972.599.1585 (main)