[Snort-users] upgrade problems 2.5.2 to 2.8.6

Crook, Parker Parker_Crook at ...14786...
Tue Jun 22 13:42:14 EDT 2010

Definitely specific errors would help.  However, if you are looking for general tips or advice, I recall when I upgraded from the 2.8.5.3 build to 2.8.6 I ran make clean && make dist clean from my old 2.8.5.3 source folder.  Then I removed all of the snort_* folders from /usr/local/lib due to a version conflict of the preproc rules... I think my technique may have been a bit brutish, but it worked.

-Parker

  _____

From: JJ Cummings [mailto:cummingsj at ...11827...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:21 PM
To: <aanderson at ...14903...>
Cc: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] upgrade problems 2.5.2 to 2.8.6

The specific error(s) that you are receiving would be useful here...

Sent from the iRoad

On Jun 22, 2010, at 11:02, <aanderson at ...14903...<mailto:aanderson at ...14905......>> wrote:

I have upgraded to 2.8.6 from 2.5.2

It appears I have all kinds of problems with preprocessors.

I am installing from  snort-2.8.6.tar.gz

I cannot get it to rebuild the dynamic_preprocessor libraries to /usr/local/lib....

I expect if I can get this to work I will have what I need.  Anyone have suggestions?