[Snort-users] Bad segment question

Russ Combs rcombs at ...1935...
Mon Jun 14 14:18:49 EDT 2010

James,

The two overlaps are different.  The stream5 overlap limit you configure
will enable 129:7 when greater than zero and exceeded.  That means that a
stream has too many overlapping segments.

129:5 arises if, when stream5 is trying to piece together overlapping
segments, it winds up with an invalid offset.  If you have a pcap for this
latter condition, can you send it along?

Thanks
Russ