[Snort-users] Snortsp 3.0 manual or info

Martin Spinassi martins.listz at ...11827...
Thu Jun 3 11:15:56 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 10:56 -0400, Joel Esler wrote:
> On Jun 3, 2010, at 10:50 AM, Martin Spinassi wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > After a few days trying to make work snort 2.x asn an IPS with inline
> > support on a Debian box without luck, I've decided to give snortsp 3.0 a
> > chance, as it has inline support from the scratch.
> >
> > I did read the README and the README.bridge documents inside the source
> > tarball, but they look very confusing. I don't know where to start with
> > all the lua stuff and the config.
> >
> > Do you have any link or good documentation about it? I don't find it at
> > snort's website nor google. At least some experience from other user
> > would be interesting.
>
> Martin,
>
> Please remember that SSP is still in the Alpha/Beta code state as a proof of concept.  We don't have any formal documentation on it yet.
>
> --
> Joel Esler
> 302-223-5974
> Jabber: jesler at ...1935...

Joel,

Thanks for your response. I can offer myself as a tester/reporter if you
can send me some examples on how to configure it with inline option, or
some draft documentation if there exists any.

Again, thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Martin