[Snort-users] book for Snort

Jun Wan junwei_wan at ...125...
Thu Jun 3 05:54:46 EDT 2010

Hi Joel and Others,

I will use a book to get a overall picture of Snort, then focus on the most updated user manuals and readme-s for "nitty-gritty" stuff.

Many thanks again.

Regards

John

From: jesler at ...1935...
To: junwei_wan at ...125...
Subject: Re: book for Snort
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:11:29 -0400
CC: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Jun,

They are the same book. I am not sure of the length difference.

However, much has changed with Snort since the writing of that book. While you are  free to get the book for the basic concepts, the Snort manuals and readme-s are much more accurate and up to date.

--Sent from my iPad
Joel Esler
302-223-5974
Jabber:jesler at ...1935...