[Snort-users] book for Snort

Joe Pampel jpampel at ...14829...
Wed Jun 2 08:46:12 EDT 2010

For what it's worth,  I've been using snort on and off for many years and have never purchased a book.
Between the documentation which is provided and the truly excellent folks on the lists I have never seen the need.
- Joe

From: Jun Wan [mailto:junwei_wan at ...125...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 7:33 AM
To: jesler at ...1935...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] book for Snort

Hi Joel,

I am going to buy a book to learn Snort, I have found the following two books with the same ISBN( 9781597490993) and same book name (Snort Intrusion Detection And Prevention Toolkit):

 One book without your name on the cover has 768 pages, please see: http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/products/search/1197285/

Another book with your name on the cover has 730 pages, please see:
http://books.google.com.au/books?id=ZI1sfn4eJ8oC&printsec=frontcover&dq=joel+esler,+snort&source=bl&ots=NdSh1tyw3n&sig=wVQcNpKKtXrjMuQeyceIP-jOzSw&hl=en&ei=pDkGTLPRNs2OkQXQvciFCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CA8Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false

Would you please answer the following questions:

1.) are these two books the most current Snort books?
2.) What's the difference between these two books.

Any information and help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

John

Meet local singles online. Browse profiles for FREE!<http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/>

The information contained in this correspondence is intended solely for the person or entity entitled to receive the confidential and/or privileged material that it may contain. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, the information in this correspondence (including any attachments) by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you may not be the intended recipient, please destroy and/or delete this correspondence and the attachment(s).