[Snort-users] book for Snort

Jun Wan junwei_wan at ...125...
Wed Jun 2 07:33:15 EDT 2010

Hi Joel,

I am going to buy a book to learn Snort, I have found the following two books with the same ISBN( 9781597490993) and same book name (Snort Intrusion Detection And Prevention Toolkit):

 One book without your name on the cover has 768 pages, please see: http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/products/search/1197285/

Another book with your name on the cover has 730 pages, please see:

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=ZI1sfn4eJ8oC&printsec=frontcover&dq=joel+esler,+snort&source=bl&ots=NdSh1tyw3n&sig=wVQcNpKKtXrjMuQeyceIP-jOzSw&hl=en&ei=pDkGTLPRNs2OkQXQvciFCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CA8Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false

Would you please answer the following questions:

1.) are these two books the most current Snort books?

2.) What's the difference between these two books.

Any information and help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

John