[Snort-users] Persistant URL for rules md5sum

Nigel Houghton nhoughton at ...1935...
Wed Jul 14 21:08:21 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM,  <zultan at ...13388...> wrote:

> I wrote a wrapper for oinkmaster that checks for a new md5sum before
> downloading a new tarball.

You might want to switch to pulled pork, it has had that functionality
since version 0.1. It has many other advantages over oinkmaster.

> That's the old way (see below).  It was broken when I tried it 2 weeks ago,
> but now it works again.  Thanks.
>
> Before the changes 2 weeks ago,
> http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/<oinkcodehere>/<filename>.md5
> was spelled out on the web site.  It would be helpful to others if it
> returned.

Noted. Passed on to IT/web people.

--
Nigel Houghton