[Snort-users] Snort Manual - HTML?

Brian Caswell bmc at ...950...
Wed Jan 27 11:47:11 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Randal T. Rioux <randy at ...13561...> wrote:
> If not, would there be an issue with my converting it to HTML and posting
> it? My guess is yes, but I want to check.

Randal,

The manual is maintained in LaTeX.  The manual can be converted into
HTML with the tool  latex2html.  If you have latex2html and the LaTeX
url package, you should be able to build the HTML version of the
manually locally via the command line:

latex2html -info 0 -local_icons -show_section_numbers -link +2 -split
+2 -noaddress snort_manual.tex

In case you forget in the future, the command is listed in the
comments at the top of snort_manual.tex included in the Snort source
tree.

Brian