[Snort-users] Snort Overloading BASE?

James Chase chase1124 at ...11827...
Wed Jan 20 15:24:31 EST 2010

I'm running snort-2.8.5-1 on CentOS 5.4 and collecting snort alerts to a
database with barnyard2. The problem is snort seems to be generating so many
alerts that whenever I load the BASE page it takes 5 or 10 minutes to
display! I believe it is just processing the new alerts but it really makes
the system unusable.

Is there anything that can be done to clear out the DB of old alerts
automatically or anyone else that has experienced this problem?

--
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."
 --  Henry David Thoreau