[Snort-users] Which OS to choose for SNORT? (need help)

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Mon Jan 18 15:29:19 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 20:42 -0500, Michael Steele wrote:
> Speaking of barnyard and Windows. Is there a reason why Barnyard has
> yet to be ported to Windows?

I had ported Barnyard to Window back in 2001. I thought that was picked
up and included into CVS at that time (don't recall exactly, it's been
too long ago. Still got a barnyard-1st-stab-on-windows-2001.tgz tarball
around if you like. It smells a bit musky though). Was Windows support
dropped again later?

Anyway, I agree, Barnyard2 is what needs porting.

Cheers,
Frank