[Snort-users] Which OS to choose for SNORT? (need help)

David Alanis canito at ...14728...
Thu Jan 7 17:35:40 EST 2010

Quoting Joel Esler <jesler at ...1935...>:

> Out of those three, it'd pick Linux.
>
> --
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 7, 2010, at 5:05 PM, Sadanand Ghagare <sadanandgh at ...11827...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am planning to install snort for our network as network IDS.
>> Can anybody suggest which OS I should use so that it can deliver high
>> performance with minimal packet loss.
>> I want to select between Redhat linux, solaris 10 x86 or Windows 2003
>> server SP2?
>> anybody has any suggestion?
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>>

>> Thanks & Regards
>>
>> Sadanand G.
>>
>> ---
>> ---
>> ---

What's the point for recommending something if *you* don't give any
valid reasons for your selection?

Don't get me wrong I am a Linux/Unix user myself but if the user is
not familiar with Linux what good will it be?

SDA