[Snort-users] Libnet errors

Rob Dixon rob.l.dixon at ...11827...
Tue Feb 23 12:56:36 EST 2010

I am wanting to put together an out-of-line sensor with tcp reset and icmp
unreachable - response capability.

Currently I am getting Libnet errors (Libnet is installed already) when
attempting to configure snort:

./configure --enable-flexresp2  :

./configure: line 29258: dnet-config: command not found
./configure: line 29265: dnet-config: command not found
checking dnet.h usability... no
checking dnet.h presence... no
checking for dnet.h... no
   ERROR!  Libdnet header not found, go get it from
   http://libdnet.sourceforge.net or use the --with-dnet-*
   options, if you have it installed in an unusual place

./configure --enable-flexresp

checking for libnet_build_ip in -lnet... no
   ERROR!  Libnet library not found, go get it from
   http://www.packetfactory.net/projects/libnet/
   or use the --with-libnet-* options, if you have it installed
   in unusual place

I have researched teh errors online and everything i see is related to an
inline configuration.

Any insight?

TIA