[Snort-users] Snort dying

Alex Kirk akirk at ...1935...
Sun Feb 7 20:18:53 EST 2010

Generally speaking, if a rule is going to cause a problem, it will do so on
startup, not intermittently during use.

What exactly are the logs saying that are "of no help"? Perhaps someone here
on this list can interpret the messages in the logs better than you can.
Also, what version of Snort are you running?

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Zakai Kinan <titanyen2000 at ...131...> wrote:

> I have had snort running for a couple of months now.  It is stopping from
> time to time and I can't figure out why.  It is probably due to a rule.  The
> log is of no help.  Does anyone have a way to tell which rule is causing the
> problem?
>

> TIA,
>

> Zak

Alex Kirk