[Snort-users] Snort_Inline + Carp

Mark W. Jeanmougin mark.jeanmougin at ...14628...
Thu Feb 4 09:56:43 EST 2010

Fabio,

I had something similar to this happen.  I was using CheckPoint
firewalls with their high availability protocol.  So, similar, but not
identical to CARP.  The issue was latency.  It took too long for the
heartbeat packets to make it through the inline sensor.

So, we changed the setup so that the heartbeats did not go through the
inline sensor.  Does that make sense?

Thanks,

MJ