[Snort-users] ERROR: Preprocessor already registered with ID 21

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Mon Aug 30 12:41:12 EDT 2010

On 8/30/2010 10:31, Russ Combs wrote:
> * If the registered init function installs a preprocessor function twice, or two
> different preprocessors try to install an API function with the same
> preprocessor ID, you will get "Preprocessor already registered with ID <id>".
>
> My guess is that in this case a new preprocessor was created that uses the same
> ID as another.

sounds/reads plausible to me ;)

with that in mind, i'd suspect that the OP may have enabled an additional
preprocessor that conflicts with another... i'm thinking of the stream4/stream5
type stuff...

@richard martin:
can you post your preprocessor settings from your snort config?