[Snort-users] FW: Snort 2.8.6 & Snort Report 1.3.1 with "NoData..."

Greg Lane greglane at ...14965...
Fri Aug 27 09:16:50 EDT 2010

This worked beautifully when I came in this morning.  I have snort report
and BASE up and running with Snort now but only on the main page so I'm
hoping I can get the other pages working correctly.  Looking at the command
now I can see how barnyard wasn't doing what it was supposed to do.  This is
awesome thanks for all the help.

Greg Lane
IT Manager
Lane Enterprises

Email:  greglane at ...14965...
Phone: (228)872-2414

-----Original Message-----
From: Jun Wan [mailto:junwei_wan at ...125...]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:36 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: dgullett at ...13519...
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] FW: Snort 2.8.6 & Snort Report 1.3.1 with
"NoData..."

Hi All,

Now Snort report 1.3.1 is working beautifully after I executed David's
instructions, pls see followings:

jwan at ...14971...:~$ sudo /usr/local/snort/bin/snort -D -u snort -g snort -c
/usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf -i eth0

jwan at ...14971...:~$ sudo /usr/local/bin/barnyard2 -c
/usr/local/snort/etc/barnyard2.conf -G /usr/local/snort/etc/gen-msg.map -S
/usr/local/snort/etc/sid-msg.map -d /var/log/snort -f snort.u2 -w
/var/log/snort/barnyard2.waldo

Many thanks for David's help again.

Regards

John