[Snort-users] FW: Snort 2.8.6 & Snort Report 1.3.1 with "No Data..."

Greg Lane greglane at ...14965...
Wed Aug 25 09:09:55 EDT 2010

Greg Lane

IT Manager

Lane Enterprises

Email:   <mailto:greglane at ...14965...> greglane at ...14965...

Phone: (228)872-2414

From: Greg Lane [mailto:greglane at ...14965...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:09 AM
To: 'Jun Wan'
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snort 2.8.6 & Snort Report 1.3.1 with "No
Data..."

I have had the same problem and even did a complete reinstall.  I have also
installed BASE using a setup on the Ubuntu Forum.  I have everything
running.  I know I'm getting traffic on my mirrored outside interface
because I have run both TCPDUMP and Wireshark and have looked at the traffic
and have run multiple scans against my outside IP address with nmap and
still haven't gotten a single alert of any kind.  If I'm not mistaken BASE
should show any type of traffic that is coming in not just error but I could
be wrong.

Greg Lane

IT Manager

Lane Enterprises