[Snort-users] ssn_file location

Gregory Zill gregory at ...14510...
Thu Aug 19 16:45:07 EDT 2010

The README.sensitive_data does not specify where to place the ssn_file
or if perhaps it needs a path. I have made sure I have file owned by
snort user, but I still get following error when enabling the ssn_file
option.

FATAL ERROR: Error parsing Social Security group data from file:
ssn_groups_Aug10.csv

/etc/snort/snort.conf section
8<----snip-----
# Sensitive Data Preprocessor
preprocessor sensitive_data: alert_threshold 25 \
                mask_output \
                ssn_file ssn_groups_Aug10.csv

file location:
/etc/snort/ssn_groups_Aug10.csv
--
The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no
decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy

Gregory W Zill, MBA, CISSP