[Snort-users] snort version 2.8.6.1 with 2.8.6.0 rules

Ryan Jordan ryan.jordan at ...1935...
Tue Aug 10 16:01:08 EDT 2010

> Warning: /etc/snort/rules/snort.rules(48) => threshold (in rule) is
> deprecated; use detection_filter instead.

This is just a warning meant for the rule-writer. The "threshold"
keyword will be removed at some point in the future, but we're
allowing time for all rules to migrate towards detection_filter &
event_filter.

> ERROR: /etc/snort/rules/snort.rules(8867) Unknown rule option: 'sd_pattern'.

Either turn on the "sensitive_data" preprocessor, or turn off the
rules in sensitive-data.rules. The preprocessor enables the rule
option. These rules enable detection of credit card numbers & social
security numbers. See README.sensitive_data for more info.

-Ryan