[Snort-users] Alternative to BASE

Kevin Johnson kevin at ...14601...
Wed Apr 28 12:56:39 EDT 2010

On Apr 28, 2010, at 12:51 PM, Curt Shaffer wrote:
> I guess from looking at the web site and seeing
>
> "May 28, 2009
> BASE 1.4.4 (dawn) released!"
>
> and not paying attention to the date on the Sourceforge download made
> me think that nothing has been done with it.

Good point!  I need to update that. :)

> Not that it's a bad
> application. I am happy with the functionality. I guess I was more
> concerned with fact that the link to the mailing list archives shows
> the last post as 2010-03-09 14:34 with a subject of " 	Buy V1agra
> Super Active Plus on www.44-22.cn <dereferenced at ...14850...>"

. I will check it out as we shouldn't allow those.

> So I apologize if it comes across that I am looking for something
> "better".

No apology needed.  I recommend looking for the best thing possible!

> As I am more looking for something that has active support
> in a mailing list. I will certainly try to post my problem there and
> see if anyone can assist.

Posting there will get you an answer.  It may not get you an answer
that works since
it appears that the issue you are having is not BASE related as the
sensor seems
to be having an issue.  Did you see Joel's response here?

Kevin