[Snort-users] Off Topic: Information Security research paper help

Mike Ferguson mikemikeferg at ...11827...
Wed Apr 28 12:46:31 EDT 2010

Hello Snort and Emerging Threats communities, this is off-topic so I
apologize in advance.  I am in the midst of a graduate thesis paper hinged
around the Information Security environment and the use of Apple products.
My undergraduate degree was in Computer Science where I minored in
Information Security (I am one of you, at least to a small degree).  My
graduate degree is in Psychology with a focus on how technology,
particularly the security aspect of technology, affects what we do, say, and
think.  As such, I'm reaching out to the Information Security community for
some help in this paper.

Simply put I am trying to gather evidence to support two observations as
well as a behavioral idiosyncrasy between a niche facet of the Information
Technology field and subsequent behavioral attributes.  If you would, please
take the time to respond to these two questions which are not mutually
dependent on each-other.

1) Do you use Apple products for your Information Security duties, either
exclusively, or occasionally?
2) Have you, at any point in your professional career (professional, being
the key word, please do not respond with the context being prior to
obtaining an Information Security job) entertained thoughts of homosexual
behavior?

Feel free to respond to the list or to me directly.  Thanks very much in
advance to all who respond and again, I'm sorry for this off topic post but
a good sampling from the Information Security industry is necessary for my
results to be valid.

Sincerely,
Mike Ferguson