[Snort-users] Alternative to BASE

Kevin Johnson kevin at ...14601...
Wed Apr 28 12:07:53 EDT 2010

On Apr 28, 2010, at 11:54 AM, Curt Shaffer wrote:
> What is everyone using out there instead of BASE? I know a lot of the
> newer documentation on installing Snort is mentioning BASE quite a bit
> even though it seems like development has not really progressed and
> the mailing list is a dead SPAM bed.

There are a number of alternatives to BASE, but I have to ask for
clarification
of your statements.  What progression are you looking for within
BASE?  We released a
new version in March and are currently working on another one to fix
some
issues with deprecated PHP methods.  As to the list, which list has
become a SPAM
bed?  While the lists have not had a lot of traffic on them lately, I
haven't seen an
increase in SPAM on them?  (If so I need to fix that!)

As to the rest of the email, I have not yet upgraded Snort, but will
be working on
that this weekend.

Kevin

Kevin Johnson