[Snort-users] pulledpork 0.4.1 Release
cummingsj at ...11827...
Tue Apr 27 10:14:58 EDT 2010
In conjunction with, and to support Snort 2.8.6 and the new rules tarball
v0.4.1 (Stumbling Leprechaun)
* Flowbit tracking! - This means that all flowbits are not enabled when
a specific base ruleset is specified (security etc...) but rather all
flowbits are now tracked, allowing for only those that are required to be
* Adjusted pulledpork.conf to account for new snort rules tarball naming
and packing scheme, post Snort 2.8.6 release.
* Added option to specify all rule modification files in the master
pulledpork.conf file - feature request 19.
* Added capability to specify base ruleset (see README.RULESETS) in
master pulledpork.conf file.
* Handle preprocessor and sensitive-information rulesets
* 18 - non-rule lines containing the string sid:xxxx were being
populated into the rule data structure, added an extra check to ensure that
this does not occur
* Cleaned up href pointers, syntatical purposes only...
* Modified master config to allow for better readability on smaller
console based systems
* Error output was not always returning full error, fixed this
BE SURE to read through the master pulledpork.conf file thoroughly, as there
are many changes as of snort 184.108.40.206 that WILL affect you, even if you are
NOT yet running 220.127.116.11!
Read more, or get it, at http://code.google.com/p/pulledpork/ and
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Snort-users