[Snort-users] Snort isn't logging to snort.log but is to snort.alert

ccie 6862 ccie6862 at ...131...
Sun Apr 25 18:14:11 EDT 2010

Thanks for the tip - I've made the changes.

Also, I found why the snort.log wasn't being used. The snort.conf file had the following:

output alert_unified: filename snort.alert, limit 128
output log_unified: filename snort.unified, limit 128

I have no idea how the snort.log was being created, as it was no where in the configuration file; however snort.unified has always been used in addition to the snort.alert and (until recently) snort.log.

Everything is back to normal.