[Snort-users] rpm vs tarball

Gregory Zill gregory at ...14510...
Thu Apr 22 16:32:38 EDT 2010

What configure options are usually used in the rpm (ex:
snort-2.8.5.3-1.src.rpm) versus the source tarball (ex:
snort-2.8.5.2.tar.gz)? I am asking because I prefer to install with
--enable-targetbased and --with-mysql but I am training a remote admin and
thought rpm would be easier, but having second thoughts. Any advice
appreciated.

--
“I think we all have a little voice inside us that will guide us… if we shut
out all the noise and clutter from our lives and listen to that voice, it

Gregory W Zill, MBA, CISSP