[Snort-users] Unable to view snorby remotely

Dustin Webber dustin.webber at ...11827...
Tue Apr 20 14:24:21 EDT 2010

Kum Weng Luey,

It looks like your question has been answered for the most part of the
Snorby user list but I will add a few comments of interest.

I. The script/server command runs the rails (Snorby) application locally
using a any stand alone web server it can find. The post by JJ. Cummings[1]
describe in detail how to configure apache and a virtual host for Snorby and
Passenger deployment.

II. Once this process has been completed passenger will automatically start
any rails application configured with a apache virtual host configuration
file. Please note that you will still need to load the initial Snorby
migrations and configure the Snorby database.yml for mysql.

1.
http://global-security.blogspot.com/2009/07/snorby-for-snort-recipe-with-barnyard2.html

Best of Luck,

Dustin W. Webber