[Snort-users] undefined symbol: LibVersion error

Richard Bejtlich taosecurity at ...11827...
Sun Apr 18 13:49:34 EDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM, David Holder <david.holder at ...11827...> wrote:
> Hi JJC,
>
> 1. Yes I did
> 2. Fair enough, however I would rather get basic functionality working
> first, and then proceed to refine my Snort deployment.
> 3. I've done a test and received the following output:
>
> Action Stats:
> ALERTS: 0
> LOGGED: 0
> PASSED: 0
>
> I assume nothing has been logged into the Database. Can you please tell me
> how I can configure snort to log all traffic, I've gone through various
> tutorials online, completed everything that was listed but alas, nothing is
> going into my DB.
>
> Thanks,

Hi David,

If you're not generating any alerts, you're not going to log anything
in your database.

You might want to try getting Snort to generate alerts without
involving any database first.

One example is here:

http://searchnetworkingchannel.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid100_gci1380476,00.html

Sincerely,