[Snort-users] throughput of snort usually(and with specific rules)

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...14399...
Tue Apr 13 09:32:48 EDT 2010

Hello,

At Sourcefire, with our hardware, we have boxes that achieve a
throughput of 20 gig a second.

For a non-appliance, It depends more on things, hardware, rules, ram,
nic driver, etc.  For our appliances, we design our boxes for speed.

However, Snort doesn't have a speed hard stop.

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPhone