[Snort-users] Server lists defrined in snort.conf

Alejandro Cabrera Obed aco1967 at ...11827...
Tue Apr 13 09:47:03 EDT 2010

Joel, so what do I have to maintain var TELNET_SERVERS line in snort.conf if
I have not a telnet server in my network ??? can you explain to me please
???

Thanks again !!!

2010/4/13 Joel Esler <joel.esler at ...14399...>

> --
> Joel Esler
> Sent from my iPhone
>

> On Apr 13, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Alejandro Cabrera Obed <aco1967 at ...11827...>
> wrote:
>
>  Dear, I see that snort.conf has defined the following server lists:
>>
>> var DNS_SERVERS $HOME_NET
>> var SMTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
>> var HTTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
>> var SQL_SERVERS $HOME_NET
>> var TELNET_SERVERS $HOME_NET
>> var FTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
>> var SNMP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
>>
>> Two short questions:
>>
>> 1) Should I have to comment TELNET_SERVERS and SNMP_SERVERS if I have not
>> these type of services in my network ???
>>

> No.
>

>> 2) Should I have to add a new server line if I have a LDAP server ???
>>

> You can, but it's not necessary to do so unless you are going to write
> rules to use that variable. But generally, no.
>

>> Special thanks
>>
>> A:)

Alejandro Cabrera Obed
aco1967 at ...11827...