[Snort-users] Hogger 0.2.0 released
Parker_Crook at ...14786...
Mon Apr 5 12:34:48 EDT 2010
I wanted to announce the release of hogger 0.2.0. This is a major revision with lots of new features and bug fixes. Many of these features are from your feedback and I thank you for voicing them. Enough of the mushy stuff! On to the list of new features:
• Now ommiting hosts that do not have an OS specified, warning you of which hosts these are.
• Souped up the OS detection:
◦ can search fields with dns resolved hosts now.
◦ can search –O style nmap files (recommended over -sV now).
◦ Detects OS’s with variable confidence (nmaps, not Snort’s).
• Removed ‘?’ from services listings in the xml to reduce numbered ordinals in snort when it gets slurped up.
• Added the ability to batch process nmap files with directory mode, ie. -D <directory containing nmap files>.
• Added a config file so you don’t have to keep calling your options from command-line.
• Fixed issue where some windows hosts got assigned bsd frag3 and stream5 policies.
• Deduplication routine removes old data for a host and replaces it with newer nmap data if a collision exits.
• Added XML::Writer module back in for xml file checking
• Rewrote the code using hashes for speed.
On a side note, if you have a feature request in the next few weeks, please post it at http://code.google.com/p/hogger/issues/list.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Snort-users