[Snort-users] Snort+BASE+Bigfix

Randal T. Rioux randy at ...13561...
Mon Nov 23 22:42:50 EST 2009

On Mon, November 23, 2009 8:01 pm, Jason Haar wrote:
> On 11/24/2009 11:25 AM, Joel Esler wrote:
>>
>>     If anyone out there is using Snort, BASE and also uses Bigfix for
>>     patch management, I’ve got my system setup so that when you click
>>     on an IP address in BASE, you also have a link to Bigfix Web
>>     Reports (a report created by one of the Bigfix devs) for that
>>     machine so you can quickly lookup applied/missing patches.
>>
>>     If you are interested I can share the Bigfix report, and also the
>>     changes I made to BASE to add the link.
>>

>> Submit it to the base team at base [at] secureideas.net
>> <http://secureideas.net> for possible inclusion into the BASE product
>> itself.
>>
> Could you look to generalizing it so that other web-based products could
> be hooked in instead? eg. an "API" whereby each base site can choose the
> URL they want to use, and base can pass on attributes like ip address to
> that URL. (we have our own "asset tracking" system internally, and being
> able to link it into base would be very nice. Same goes for our Nessus
> reports)

This is a pretty cool idea. I've been closing out bugs and working on
feature request recently (thanks to Juergen too!) in anticipation of a new
release soon. The rest of the week I'll be traveling, but next week I can
look at it.

Please put in a feature request (you can just copy this email w/ Jason and
Joel's comments) into the request itself:

Also, as Joel mentioned it, the mailing list (secureideas-base-user) is here:

http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=103348

Thanks,
Randy